Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Out of Africa, Back in SF

Koshi and I have returned to the US after a really incredible time in South Africa. On one hand, we couldn't wait to come home. On the other, our time there was not long enough.

I have a ton of music-related things to write about, but after 24 hours of planes and airports I'm not in a position to write about much of anything. For now, enjoy this kwaito video. Kwaito is a South African brand of house that combines house beats and sweet basslines with (usually) lyrics rapped or sort of chanted.



Interestingly enough, the Wikipedia entry for kwaito is one of the most thorough I've seen recently. We also bought two kwaito CDs on the way out of the country, both recommended by the lovely gentlemen working at Musica.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like it, I'm a musician too

Anonymous said...

great blog!